One of Lord Akeldama's drones.
Winkle is exotic-looking, with Far East or Pan Pacific ancestry.
He is described by Rue as very brainy, and he loves to gossip.
In the books Edit
Winkle is waiting on Lord Akeldama at the beginning when Biffy comes to say his final goodbye.
- Winkle speaks several different languages.
- As of the time of Prudence, Winkle is one of Lord Akeldama's favorites.
- "He was a devilishly exotic-looking chap, with features that hinted at Far Eastern or possibly Pan Pacific ancestry. His hair was as glossy and as black as jet mourning jewelry, his dark eyes tilted becomingly and his face was completely free of any topiary. He smiled easily and often with the merest hint of dimples. He also spoke several languages and played the clarinet beautifully." (Prudence, Chapter One)
- "He had excellent reflexes for a fop." (Prudence, Chapter Two)
- "The drones were re-enacting the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet over the edge of the middle squeak deck of the ship. Winkle was back on board, draped in a tablecloth for hair and gesticulating dramatically at his doomed lover below." (Prudence, Chapter Two)