|Waistcoats & Weaponry|
|Genre||Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction|
|Release Date||November 4, 2014|
|Series||Finishing School Series|
|Publisher||Little, Brown Books for Young Readers|
SummaryEditClass is back in session...
Sophronia continues her second year at finishing school in style—with a steel-bladed fan secreted in the folds of her ball gown, of course. Such a fashionable choice of weapon comes in handy when Sophronia, her best friend Dimity, sweet sootie Soap, and the charming Lord Felix Mersey stowaway on a train to return their classmate Sidheag to her werewolf pack in Scotland. But when Sophronia discovers they are being trailed by a dirigible of Picklemen and flywaymen, she unearths a plot that threatens to throw all of London into chaos. With her friends in mortal danger, Sophronia must sacrifice what she holds most dear—her freedom.
Waistcoats & Weaponry won Steampunk Chronicle’s 2015 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Young Adult Steampunk Fiction.
The Waistcoats & Weaponry audiobook received a top ten honor on the YALSA Amazing Audiobooks list in 2016.
- Session 1 - Beware Vampires Wearing Flowerpots
- Session 2 - On Fans and Flirting
- Session 3 - Missing Sidheags and Misapplied Seduction
- Session 4 - The Uncleanliness of Soap
- Session 5 - Stealth Mustaches and Stealthier Flywaymen
- Session 6 - Masquerading Mechanicals
- Session 7 - Helpful Barnaclegeese
- Session 8 - A Crisis of Operatic Proportions
- Session 9 - Transmitter on a Train
- Session 10 - Train-Napping
- Session 11 - Felix Versus the Flywaymen
- Session 12 - Bumbersnoot to the Rescue
- Session 13 - A Rousing Game of Marbles
- Session 14 - Dirigibles Versus Trains
- Session 15 - Dewan Ex Machina
- Session 16 - The Parting of the Ways
- This book takes place in January and February 1853
Covert Art Gallery Edit
- Waistcoats & Weaponry audiobook made the list of 2016 Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
- Waistcoats & Weaponry Breaking Down the Cover ~ Sophronia's Fan
- Waistcoats & Weaponry: Peek at Sophronia's Dress Design Process?
- The Finishing School Pinterest Board
- All Gail's Books