A newspaperman who writes for The Mooring Standard. He investigates the mysterious shutdowns of mechanicals that have been occurring across the country at the time of Manners & Mutiny, with the goal of humiliating the government through its handling of the situation.
In the books Edit
Manners & Mutiny Edit
Mr. Gengulphus attends a dinner party hosted by Lord Akeldama, along with many of London's important supernatural and political figures.
- He is described as having a piercing voice.
- Mr. Gengulphus was protected by Randolph Lyall when the explosion occured in Lord Akeldama's home.
- "The newspaperman looked kindly upon ignorance packaged behind a lovely face with wide hazel eyes framed by honey-colored hair." (Manners & Mutiny, Crisis 6)
- "Mr. Gengulphus is not as objective as his profession suggests. He would prefer to see the government humiliated, and if the vampires and werewolves share the sin, so much the better." (Manners & Mutiny, Crisis 6)
- "Simply one of those men who always suspects the people in power, whoever they may be." (Manners & Mutiny, Crisis 6)