Namesake and headmistress of Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality, Mademoiselle Geraldine teaches dance, dress, and diversion. She supposedly has no idea about the school's more secret lessons. As part of the girls' training, they work to keep the academy's secrets from the older woman.
Mademoiselle Geraldine is a well endowed older woman, with rinsed red hair, dark friendly eyes, and a generous mouth.
She is very concerned with the "quali-tay" of others.
After Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy crash lands and closes its doors, Mademoiselle Geraldine formally adopts Handle. She provided him with medical training, and the two emigrate to America together.
In the books Edit
Manners & Mutiny Edit
It is revealed that Mademoiselle Geraldine has known about the school's secret operations the entire time. She works together with Sophronia to expel the Picklemen who have commandeered the airship.
- Mademoiselle Geraldine has a penchant for fake cakes.
- She was supposed to address the girls as "my dumplings," according to Gail Carriger's notes, but this never made it into the books.
- “If there is gossip to be garnered, garner it. If there are new dress styles to be imitated, imitate them. If there are hearts to be broken, break them. That's my girls.” (Etiquette & Espionage, Lesson Nine)
- "It's all very well to be an intellectual, but one shouldn't let others see. That's embarrassing." (Curtsies & Conspiracies, The 1st Test)
- "Her decolletage heaved with appreciation." (Curtsies & Conspiracies, The 10th Test)
- “Pretty as a pineapple,' pronounced Mademoiselle Geraldine, waving them off with a lace handkerchief." (Curtsies & Conspiracies, The 13th Test)
- ↑ "Behind the Scribbles ~ Unused Finishing School Notes", Gail Carriger's blog