Waistcoats & Weaponry won Steampunk Chronicle’s 2015 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Young Adult Steampunk Fiction. All four books in this series were New York Times best sellers.
Sales and AwardsEdit
- Etiquette & Espionage hit the New York Times Young Adult bestseller list at #9 on February 24, 2013.
- Curtsies & Conspiracies hit the New York Times Young Adult bestseller list at #5 on November 24, 2013, the best standing on the list for the Finishing School series.
- Waistcoats & Weaponry won Steampunk Chronicle’s 2015 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Young Adult Steampunk Fiction.
The Finishing School books are available as downloads from Audible, read by Moira Quirk. They were released on audio at the same time as print. All of the Finishing School audiobooks were produced by Hachette Audio. These are not available on CD.
The Curtsies & Conspiracies audiobook received a top ten honor on the YALSA Amazing Audiobooks list in 2015. The Waistcoats & Weaponry audiobook received a top ten honor on the YALSA Amazing Audiobooks list in 2016.
Foreign Language Editions Edit
Would you like to find foriegn translations? They occasionally turn up on Amazon and Gail donates all of hers, signed, to the Worldbuilders charity.
UK Commonwealth ~ Atom Edit
- Etiquette & Espionage ~ Feb. 5, 2013
- Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ Nov. 5, 2013
- Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ Nov. 4, 2014
- Manners & Mutiny ~ Nov. 3, 2015
Croatia ~ Skolska knjiga, Lumen imprint, ZagrebEdit
- (Etiquette & Espionage) ~ release date unknown
Czech Republic ~ Albatros Media/CooBoo, Prague Slovakia ~ Albatros Media/CooBoo, Bratislava Edit
- Etiketa & Spionáz ~ out
- Poklony & Sprisahania (Curtsies & Conspiracies) ~ out
- Úklony & Úklady (Curtsies & Conspiracies) ~ out
The paperwork for these two publishers gets very confusing. They both show up as CooBoo and we don't know which titles are in which language.
France ~ Orbit Edit
- Étiquette & Espionnage ~ March 12, 2014
- Corsets & Complots ~ September 24, 2014
- Jupons & Poisons ~ June 10, 2015
- Artificies & Arbaletes ~ June 15, 2016
Japan ~ Hayakawa Edit
- (Etiquette & Espionage) ~ out
- (Curtsies & Conspiracies) ~ out
- (Waistcoats & Weaponry) ~ April 22, 2015
Turkey ~ pending further info Edit
- Curtsies & Conspiracies Music Video ~ A Glimpse Behind the Scenes
- Pinterest Character Board for the Finishing School Series
Classes/Lessons Taught at the School Edit
- Catching & Compromising to a Permanent End
- Tips on Wielding a Cane v. Parasol v. Umbrella with Professor Braithwope
- Quadrille with Mademoiselle Geraldine
- Captain Niall on Knife Fighting
- Proper Manners & Dress at the Theatre with Mademoiselle Geraldine
- Opera Glasse with Lady Linette
- Garrotes - Killing while Seated with Captain Niall
- Advanced Eyelash Fluttering
- Buying Poison & Planning Dinner on Limited Budget
- Court Etiquette
- Handkerchief Starching
- French Letter Writing with Lady Linette
- Fainting in a Crowed to Attract Attention/Focus with Lady Linette
- Lady Never Shoots First, Ask Questions then Shoots with Lady Linette