A Captain with the Northumberland Fusiliers, he later becomes a brigadier.
Featherstonehaugh is a large man, without much hair. His eyebrows are attractive and pronounced, and he possesses a substantial mustache and an oddly small beard.
He is a very pompous man.
In the books Edit
At the start of Changeless, Ivy Hisselpenny comes to Alexia with the news that she is engaged to Captain Featherstonehaugh, a Captain with the Northumberland Fusiliers. By the end of Alexia's adventures in the Highlands, Ivy has thrown off Captain Featherstonehaugh to elope with Tunstell.
- Featherstonehaugh is pronounced "FES-ten-hew"
- Featherstonehaugh has been engaged to: Ivy Tunstell, Evylin Loontwill (twice), and Ms. Wibbley, Ms. Colindrikal-Bumbcruncher.
- Rue finds a snuff tin on his bedside table.
- Pet name from his wife: Jammykins
- Brigadier Featherstonehaugh tells Primrose Tunstell of his previous engagement to her mother while aboard the Spotted Custard in Tungareshwar Forest.
- "His name is Captain Featherstonehaugh, and he has just returned with the Northumberlink Fusili, all the way from Inja." (Changeless, Chapter Two)
- "Captain Featherstonehaugh has thrown me over! How do you like that?" (Blameless, Chapter One)
- "In other shocking news, the dashing Captain Featherstonehaugh has announced his engagement to Miss Wibbley, who really is only just out of finishing school!" (Blameless, Chapter Eleven)
- "The brigadier is happy to have a werewolf attachment but unhappy to have a Scottish one. The pack was never invited to his private functions." (Prudence, Chapter Ten)
- "A soft expression suffused the big man's fierce face like a walrus having discovered a much beloved oyster." (Prudence, Chapter Fifteen)