Rue describes her as "a lively little thing, thin but with a round cheerful face, darkened by the sun." She is further described as young and lovely, thin with a round face. Her features are described as symmetrical. She has dark eyes.
Is described in Imprudence as smoking a small cigar with the gentlemen.
In the books Edit
Anitra first appears as a child about Rue's age in Timeless.
She reappears in Prudence, Chapter Six, in the Maltese Tower as an agent of Lord Akeldama. Although she knows him by his code name of Goldenrod. This is not surprising, as her father, Zayed, worked for Goldenrod in Timeless. She gives Rue a copy of Sand and Shadows on a Sapphire Sea, My Adventures Abroad by Honeysuckle Isinglass (AKA the Isinglass Cypher).
- She doesn't wear any jewelry because she is not available for marriage. Unmarried Drifter women display their jewelry as their dowry, as an indication of availability. Thus, lack of jewelry is significant. Although she does wear tiny corked glass jars as earrings.
- The attire she is described as wearing in her first appearance in Imprudence is based on Gail's own costume from when she used to dance.
- She has been known to partake of a small cigar on the squeak deck.
- Came aboard with Floote in Imprudence and was introduced as Miss Panettone and Floote's granddaughter. Panettone is a reference to Alessandro Tarabotti's former code name.
- "Prudence, of course, took to the new sky-high transport like a newly minted vampire to blood, springing about with little Anitra, who was her new favorite person in the world. Alexia was tolerably assured that Anitra, who had been raised on such folderol as nets in the aether, knew more than the average child about falling." (Timeless, Chapter Sixteen)