In the books Edit
Lyall puts Adelphus in charge of negotiating with the regiment to persuade them to assign Channing's majority temporarily to the nearest eligible officer when Conall Maccon sent Channing to go after Alexia in Italy.
Adelphus is one of the wolves participating in the scuffle outside of Claret's at the beginning of the novel.
- "Women will do that to a soul. Best avoided, if you ask me." (Blameless, Chapter Seven)
- "I get bored easily." (Blameless, Chapter Seven)
- "He looked at Adelphus, whose rank was lieutenant and who thought rather too well of his own abilities and rather too meanly of others'." (Blameless, Chapter Seven)
- "And there's always Adelphus. He's willing.' Alexia made a disgusted noise. 'Adelphus is always willing." (Heartless, Chapter Three)
- “Even Uncle Bluebutton who was practically civilized - he owned a smoking jacket and everything - was participating.” (Imprudence, Chapter One)